Recently, six chemicals were identified by the Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) in California and were added to the Proposition 65 list on September 13, 2019. The chemicals have been classified by IARC as “possibly carcinogenic to humans”. These chemicals include:
- 2-Amino-4-Chlorophenol (used to make dyes and other chemicals)
- 2-Chloronitrobenzene (used as a solvent for pesticide formulation, degreasing agent, and chemical intermediate)
- 1,4-Dichloro-2-Nitrobenzene (used in washing and cleaning products)
- 2,4-Dichloro-1-Nitrobenzene (used as a chemical intermediate)
- N,N-Dimethylacetamide (used as a solvent in industrial applications)
- Para-Nitroanisole (used to make other chemicals)
Find out more here: https://oehha.ca.gov/proposition-65/crnr/chemicals-listed-effective-september-13-2019-known-state-california-cause-cancer .